Friday, September 22, 2006

Am getting excited. Have been reviewing live music dates online, and other events, and NYC has something we want to see and do every minute of every day. It's sensory overload--so so much to offer, and all the time, no stopping, no cultural, artistic, or musical droughts, ever. Is that possible? Of course it is, but I have never lived in the midst of such abundance. Can I handle it? Will my head explode?

Am worried about my dogs. NYC will be even more overwhelming for them than for us. Can they handle it? Will their little heads explode? Will I get used to having to pick up their poop? Yet another luxury of living in the Midwest--we have enough room, enough space and land, and fewer people and dogs, that we don't have to scoop poop--yet. We have been told to buy these special little baggies that are sold in pet stores--they let you pick up the poop, then reverse the bag and close it--the people I am descended from would think a special bag for dog poop is hilarious, and even funnier to them would be the people who would pay money for such a thing.

No comments: